Today I officially became a resident of Virginia. I’ve lived here for three years.
Yes, today I went to the DMV to get a Virginia driver’s license and registered to vote here. I checked the website for wait time before I left and it said 4 min 28 seconds. LIARS!! Took me an hour and a half wait.
However, that time did afford me some exceptional people watching. Here are some things that I observed during my wait:
-stark white dreadlocks
– a man so skinny he could wear my pants!! (EW!)
– an old man wearing the paisley-est shirt ever, in shades of mauve and teal
– MANPRIS!!! (a man in capri pants) This was so awesome I wanted to ask him if we could have our picture taken together HAHAHA
– a young woman carrying an infant within her first three months of life and…15 feet away
– an old woman who could only be described as ghastly sick with a very unfortunate looking skin issue and an atrocious, hacking cough
– a guy who’s ringtone is Beyonce’s “Halo”
The woman who helped me has this…I don’t know, tick? Habit? Where she speaks out loud to herself. It was entertaining to say the least.
When all is said and done it was a pretty easy process, except that now I have to wait for them to mail me my license and I have no idea what the picture looks like.
Also, what is up with Virginia not letting you smile in your license picture??!! Grr.
Anyway, now it’s done. And in the next month or so I will be able to go online and change my address. Oh well at least I don’t have to GO to the DMV for that!
Wait…did I say change my address? Why yes, I sure did. Guess who’s moving again!